Casco Bay High School Juniors Share Ideas for Reducing Fossil Fuel Dependence |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
What: Casco Bay High School juniors will present their research and proposals on reducing dependence on fossil fuels to panels of experts in the field. Their work is the culmination of a learning expedition about public policy and energy.
When: February 7 and 8, 8 to 11 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Where: Portland Public Library main branch, downstairs
More: The students will share ideas on such topics as natural disaster response, regulation of hydraulic fracturing and offshore drilling and promotion of high speed rail and solar power. A panel of local experts, including policymakers, energy advocates and scientists, will give feedback. The best student proposals will win Lerner Foundation Civic Action Grants and students will have an opportunity to take next steps in enacting their ideas.
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- This is Home promo featuring the Yarmouth Clam Festival
- Food company grant has been established in Maine to train new dairy farmers.
- Mainers celebrate Social Media Day (#SMDayME)
- Local business filling order for big client
- 1st Statewide Virtual Public School Hosts In-Person Info Session in Freeport for Interested Families
- Financial gift to help Maine farmers flourish
- Environmentalists celebrate Clear Skies Ordinance
- South Portland passes ordinance to block tar sands
- South Portland to make final tar sands vote
- Volunteers collect more than enough signatures needed to get legalized marijuana on the South Portland ballot in November.