Casco Bay High School Juniors Share Ideas for Reducing Fossil Fuel Dependence |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
What: Casco Bay High School juniors will present their research and proposals on reducing dependence on fossil fuels to panels of experts in the field. Their work is the culmination of a learning expedition about public policy and energy.
When: February 7 and 8, 8 to 11 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Where: Portland Public Library main branch, downstairs
More: The students will share ideas on such topics as natural disaster response, regulation of hydraulic fracturing and offshore drilling and promotion of high speed rail and solar power. A panel of local experts, including policymakers, energy advocates and scientists, will give feedback. The best student proposals will win Lerner Foundation Civic Action Grants and students will have an opportunity to take next steps in enacting their ideas.
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waste managers are seeking ways to capitalize on organic waste and keep it out of landfills.
- Freeport Flag Lady recovering from surgery
- Comedian Bob Marley to perform at Falmouth High School
- Crabs & climate change pose threat to Maine shellfish
- Habitat For Humanity chapter celebrates largest project to date
- South Portland police arrest N.Y. man on forgery charges
- Clean Water Bond could correct mistakes by investing in water quality improvements.
- Million Meals Maine feeds starving children
- A car struck a pedestrian in Scarborough
- The closure of a small section of Higgins Beach has ruffled some feathers in Scarborough.