2011 Opening of the Falmouth Heritage Museum this Saturday, June 11, from 10 am to 3 pm | Arts & Culture
FREE REFRESHMENTS AND TOURS OF THE MUSEUM - WIN A FAMILY MEMBERSHIP TO THE FALMOUTH HISTORICAL SOCIETY
A DAY OF FUN AND LEARNING FOR CHILDREN, PARENTS AND GRANDPARENTS
This saturday, June 11, the Falmouth Historical Society will be opening its museum at 60 Woods Road in Falmouth for the 2011 season. The opening program is focused on Sustainable Living (reducing our use of the earth’s natural resources) and will include a fun filled and learning experience day of sheep shearing, Alpaca petting, wool spinning, herb gardening and special displays of 1800’s cooking utensils, period glassware and Baker’s Chocolate memorabilia. Baked goods and herb plants will also be for sale. Visit the gift shop for history books, cook books, maps, coverlets and other Falmouth items.
Come to the museum and correctly identify that month’s WHAT IS IT object on display and have a chance to win a Family Membership to the Falmouth Heritage Museum. One winner will be drawn each month from the correct entries In June, July And August.
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police respond to an underage drinking house party, Westbrook High School investigates.
- Chocolate bunnies ready to hop into Easter baskets
- Public weighs in on Westbrook outdoor concert proposal
- Westbrook hosts forum following student suspension controversy
- Westbrook school board member files claim against city