Wounds: Tips For Healing | Blogs
If one of the first things you do when you cut yourself is flood the wound with hydrogen peroxide, STOP! I know, you think the bubbling action is awesome and proof that it's doing what it was meant to do — killing all the bad stuff. Well, here's what wound care specialist Dr. Walter Keller has to say about hydrogen peroxide. "The hydrogen peroxide bubbling releases pure oxygen, which kills bacteria but also the healthy cells, slowing down wound healing." In other words, hydrogen peroxide does not help heal the wound; it does just the opposite. Read more
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- This is Home promo featuring the Yarmouth Clam Festival
- Food company grant has been established in Maine to train new dairy farmers.
- Mainers celebrate Social Media Day (#SMDayME)
- Local business filling order for big client
- 1st Statewide Virtual Public School Hosts In-Person Info Session in Freeport for Interested Families
- Environmentalists celebrate Clear Skies Ordinance
- South Portland passes ordinance to block tar sands
- South Portland to make final tar sands vote
- Volunteers collect more than enough signatures needed to get legalized marijuana on the South Portland ballot in November.
- Crews break gas main in South Portland