What Women Need to Know About Gynecologic Cancers | Blogs
Thanks to the Pap test, cervical cancer is no longer the leading cause of cancer death for women in the United States. Since it was introduced in the 1940s, the number of cases is down 70 percent and deaths 90 percent. But the Pap test only screens for cancer of the cervix, not other gynecologic cancers, for which there aren't good screening tests. That's why it's vitally important for women to know possible warning signs. You know your body better than anyone and you know when something isn't right. Pay attention. Read more.
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waste managers are seeking ways to capitalize on organic waste and keep it out of landfills.
- Freeport Flag Lady recovering from surgery
- Comedian Bob Marley to perform at Falmouth High School
- Crabs & climate change pose threat to Maine shellfish
- Habitat For Humanity chapter celebrates largest project to date
- South Portland police arrest N.Y. man on forgery charges
- Clean Water Bond could correct mistakes by investing in water quality improvements.
- Million Meals Maine feeds starving children
- A car struck a pedestrian in Scarborough
- The closure of a small section of Higgins Beach has ruffled some feathers in Scarborough.
- Police respond to an underage drinking house party, Westbrook High School investigates.
- Chocolate bunnies ready to hop into Easter baskets
- Public weighs in on Westbrook outdoor concert proposal
- Westbrook hosts forum following student suspension controversy
- Westbrook school board member files claim against city