What Women Need to Know About Gynecologic Cancers | Blogs
Thanks to the Pap test, cervical cancer is no longer the leading cause of cancer death for women in the United States. Since it was introduced in the 1940s, the number of cases is down 70 percent and deaths 90 percent. But the Pap test only screens for cancer of the cervix, not other gynecologic cancers, for which there aren't good screening tests. That's why it's vitally important for women to know possible warning signs. You know your body better than anyone and you know when something isn't right. Pay attention. Read more.
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- This is Home promo featuring the Yarmouth Clam Festival
- Food company grant has been established in Maine to train new dairy farmers.
- Mainers celebrate Social Media Day (#SMDayME)
- Local business filling order for big client
- 1st Statewide Virtual Public School Hosts In-Person Info Session in Freeport for Interested Families
- Financial gift to help Maine farmers flourish
- Environmentalists celebrate Clear Skies Ordinance
- South Portland passes ordinance to block tar sands
- South Portland to make final tar sands vote
- Volunteers collect more than enough signatures needed to get legalized marijuana on the South Portland ballot in November.