Contractor of the year | Business
Enterprise Trenchless Technologies, Inc. (ETTI), a directional drilling and utility construction contractor out of Lisbon Falls, ME, has been nominated by Equipment World Magazine and Caterpillar Equipment for 2013 Contractor of the Year.
A group of 12 contractors from across the country are chosen each year as finalists. Of those finalists, only one company will be awarded Contractor of the Year.
This award recognizes those companies who exemplify the highest standards of construction professionals: business acumen, equipment management expertise, attention to safety, and community involvement.
Each of the finalists receives a trip to Las Vegas in March 2013 to participate in an industry roundtable and awards banquet, where the 2013 Contractor of the Year will be named. Each contractor will also be featured in the pages of Equipment World Magazine.
ETTI was founded by Jim Kelly in 1995. He had a vision of bringing a unique market (trenchless technology/directional drilling) to Maine, starting one of the first Directional Drilling companies in New England. His son, Scott Kelly, took over the company in 1996 at 23 years old.
Today, the company is growing at a steady pace, employing 30 of the industries most experienced and talented individuals. The company has also expanded to more than just Directional Drilling services, now providing Natural Gas Contracting, Utility Construction, Pipe Fusing, Utility Locating, and Vacuum Excavation.
Not only does ETTI take pride in their work (which is proved by the four Build Maine Awards that they have received from Associated General Contractors of Maine over the past 10 years), but they also rank safety as their #1 priority, which is attested by over 300,000 hours worked without a Loss Time Injury, an impressive figure when compared to the number of employees they have.
ETTI is proof that there are companies in Maine that have stayed on track through the difficult economy over the last decade, and despite being ranked as the worst state for business, there are companies like ETTI that strive to outperform that ranking to hopefully do their part in reshaping Maine’s future.
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waste managers are seeking ways to capitalize on organic waste and keep it out of landfills.
- Freeport Flag Lady recovering from surgery
- Comedian Bob Marley to perform at Falmouth High School
- Crabs & climate change pose threat to Maine shellfish
- Habitat For Humanity chapter celebrates largest project to date
- South Portland police arrest N.Y. man on forgery charges
- Clean Water Bond could correct mistakes by investing in water quality improvements.
- Million Meals Maine feeds starving children
- A car struck a pedestrian in Scarborough
- The closure of a small section of Higgins Beach has ruffled some feathers in Scarborough.