BikeMaine-- a 7-Day cycling event is the first in New England | Community Spirit
BikeMaine, a seven-day, 400 mile rolling celebration of Maine will run September 7 through 14.
The loop route, which begins and ends inOrono, will see cyclists camping in the following host communities: Orono, Dover-Foxcroft, Belfast, Castine, Bar Harbor (two nights) and Camp Jordan (Ellsworth). A map of the route is pictured below.
Limited to 350 riders in the first year, half from out-of-state, the event is expected to grow to about 2,000 riders after the startup years, offering an economic boost to host communities supporting the ride. Each year, the route will visit a different part of Maine with new host communities.
BikeMaine is the latest and most ambitious undertaking of the BicycleCoalition of Maine to promote and celebrate safe cycling events and pedestrian initiatives.
For more information about this exciting event, click on BikeMaine.org.
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Food company grant has been established in Maine to train new dairy farmers.
- Mainers celebrate Social Media Day (#SMDayME)
- Local business filling order for big client
- 1st Statewide Virtual Public School Hosts In-Person Info Session in Freeport for Interested Families
- Student scientists tackling green crab conundrum.
- South Portland passes ordinance to block tar sands
- South Portland to make final tar sands vote
- Volunteers collect more than enough signatures needed to get legalized marijuana on the South Portland ballot in November.
- Crews break gas main in South Portland
- Police looking for car involved in attempted burglary