The Nutcracker - Portland | Events
Maine State Ballet’s holiday favorite, “The Nutcracker”, comes to Portland’s Merrill Auditorium again this year with nearly 300 dancers and the live music of the Maine State Ballet Orchestra. From the snowflakes falling above the Merrill stage, to each individual bead sewn into the costumes, "The Nutcracker" is Maine’s grandest ballet presentation.
When: Saturday, Nov. 24 at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Sunday, Nov. 25 at 2 p.m.
Friday Nov. 30 at 7 p.m.
Saturday Dec. 1 at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Sunday, Dec. 2 at 2 p.m.
Where: Merrill Auditorium, 20 Myrtle St., Portland.
Tickets: $20-$60. Discounts available for children, seniors and groups. Order by phone: 207-842-0800. Online: tickets.porttix.com. At the Merrill box office: 12 p.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Saturday.
For more information: http://www.mainestateballet.org/. 207-781-7672.
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- This is Home promo featuring the Yarmouth Clam Festival
- Food company grant has been established in Maine to train new dairy farmers.
- Mainers celebrate Social Media Day (#SMDayME)
- Local business filling order for big client
- 1st Statewide Virtual Public School Hosts In-Person Info Session in Freeport for Interested Families
- Environmentalists celebrate Clear Skies Ordinance
- South Portland passes ordinance to block tar sands
- South Portland to make final tar sands vote
- Volunteers collect more than enough signatures needed to get legalized marijuana on the South Portland ballot in November.
- Crews break gas main in South Portland