The Nutcracker - Portland | Events
Maine State Ballet’s holiday favorite, “The Nutcracker”, comes to Portland’s Merrill Auditorium again this year with nearly 300 dancers and the live music of the Maine State Ballet Orchestra. From the snowflakes falling above the Merrill stage, to each individual bead sewn into the costumes, "The Nutcracker" is Maine’s grandest ballet presentation.
When: Saturday, Nov. 24 at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Sunday, Nov. 25 at 2 p.m.
Friday Nov. 30 at 7 p.m.
Saturday Dec. 1 at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Sunday, Dec. 2 at 2 p.m.
Where: Merrill Auditorium, 20 Myrtle St., Portland.
Tickets: $20-$60. Discounts available for children, seniors and groups. Order by phone: 207-842-0800. Online: tickets.porttix.com. At the Merrill box office: 12 p.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Saturday.
For more information: http://www.mainestateballet.org/. 207-781-7672.
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waste managers are seeking ways to capitalize on organic waste and keep it out of landfills.
- Freeport Flag Lady recovering from surgery
- Comedian Bob Marley to perform at Falmouth High School
- Crabs & climate change pose threat to Maine shellfish
- Habitat For Humanity chapter celebrates largest project to date