Join us for "Make the Most of Your Money Week" | Events
WHAT: Join us as we help 200 individuals: Save $40,000 by filing their state and federal income taxes for free; Claim tax credits that they would otherwise leave behind; and Avoid tax prep filing fees that prevent them from getting 100% of their income tax refund.
VISUALS: IRS-certified volunteer tax preparers providing free tax preparation; Volunteers from Gorham Savings Bank helping clients understand their credit report history; CA$H volunteers helping individuals get an additional $1,600 through the Maine Property Tax and Rent Refund, and finding unclaimed property; and Avesta Housing providing housing assistance (3/2 only).
WHEN: February 26-28: 5-8 p.m. and March 2: 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
WHO: Free tax preparation provided by CA$H Greater Portland, a program of United Way of Greater Portland. Events and outreach sponsored by Gorham Savings Bank and Avesta Housing. For more information, visit www.cashgp.org.
WHERE: United Way of Greater Portland, 1 Canal Plaza, 3rd Floor, Portland.
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waste managers are seeking ways to capitalize on organic waste and keep it out of landfills.
- Freeport Flag Lady recovering from surgery
- Comedian Bob Marley to perform at Falmouth High School
- Crabs & climate change pose threat to Maine shellfish
- Habitat For Humanity chapter celebrates largest project to date
- South Portland police arrest N.Y. man on forgery charges
- Clean Water Bond could correct mistakes by investing in water quality improvements.
- Million Meals Maine feeds starving children
- A car struck a pedestrian in Scarborough
- The closure of a small section of Higgins Beach has ruffled some feathers in Scarborough.