Vote for Girls on the Run - Maine | Events
Vote for Girls on the Run – Maine!
Girls on the Run – Maine is fortunate to be nominated as a contender in Bangor Savings Bank’s Community Matters More Campaign. Bangor Savings Bank believes in giving back to the community, and will donate $100,000 to 68 Maine non-profits. WOW!
What is the Community Matters More Campaign?
The Bangor Saving’s Bank campaign features categories of six non-profit organizations from eight geographical regions. The top vote-getter in each category will receive $5,000. All other nominees will receive $1,000 each. The voting period runs through March 11th. We at Girls on the Run – Maine are thrilled to be nominated and need your help to gather more votes.
What can you do?
Vote! All Maine residents are eligible to vote one time. You can vote online using the link above, or by filling out a ballot at any Bangor Savings Bank branch.
Ask your family, friends, and coworkers to vote (and ask them to ask their friends!)
- GOTR-ME, as a new organization that formed in 2012 has quickly expanded from serving 37 girls in our first season to preparing to serve approximately 180 girls in our second season in Spring 2013! $5,000 can help us expand to more areas of the state and support more girls.
- GOTR-ME follows a curriculum-based program and provides in-depth training and materials for our coaches. $5,000 can provide materials for 50 teams (that’s 750 girls!), or training for coaches over four seasons.
- Our participants each receive a program t-shirt at the start of the season and a medal when they cross the finish line of their end-of-season 5k. $5,000 can provide medals and t-shirts for almost 1,000 participants.
- GOTR-ME strives to offer scholarships to families that need them. $5,000 can provide FULL scholarships for 39 girls.
Please vote for us today! Thank you!
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- This is Home promo featuring the Yarmouth Clam Festival
- Food company grant has been established in Maine to train new dairy farmers.
- Mainers celebrate Social Media Day (#SMDayME)
- Local business filling order for big client
- 1st Statewide Virtual Public School Hosts In-Person Info Session in Freeport for Interested Families
- Financial gift to help Maine farmers flourish
- Environmentalists celebrate Clear Skies Ordinance
- South Portland passes ordinance to block tar sands
- South Portland to make final tar sands vote
- Volunteers collect more than enough signatures needed to get legalized marijuana on the South Portland ballot in November.