Free leaves for the garden! | Home & Garden
I don't have many trees on my property which means that in the fall I have little to no raking to do. That's both good and bad. Good because I don't have to rake and bad because leaves are actually a valuable source of organic material and mulch. I like to mulch my garden with leaves when possible and so the solution is.... to steal them!!! Well it's not quite as bad as that! What I do is drive around with my trailer after everyone else has raked and bagged their leaves and then I ask for the bags! Brilliant! It helps me and it helps them too! And I still didn't have to do any raking!
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- This is Home promo featuring the Yarmouth Clam Festival
- Food company grant has been established in Maine to train new dairy farmers.
- Mainers celebrate Social Media Day (#SMDayME)
- Local business filling order for big client
- 1st Statewide Virtual Public School Hosts In-Person Info Session in Freeport for Interested Families
- Financial gift to help Maine farmers flourish
- Environmentalists celebrate Clear Skies Ordinance
- South Portland passes ordinance to block tar sands
- South Portland to make final tar sands vote
- Volunteers collect more than enough signatures needed to get legalized marijuana on the South Portland ballot in November.