Free leaves for the garden! | Home & Garden
I don't have many trees on my property which means that in the fall I have little to no raking to do. That's both good and bad. Good because I don't have to rake and bad because leaves are actually a valuable source of organic material and mulch. I like to mulch my garden with leaves when possible and so the solution is.... to steal them!!! Well it's not quite as bad as that! What I do is drive around with my trailer after everyone else has raked and bagged their leaves and then I ask for the bags! Brilliant! It helps me and it helps them too! And I still didn't have to do any raking!
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waste managers are seeking ways to capitalize on organic waste and keep it out of landfills.
- Freeport Flag Lady recovering from surgery
- Comedian Bob Marley to perform at Falmouth High School
- Crabs & climate change pose threat to Maine shellfish
- Habitat For Humanity chapter celebrates largest project to date