Portland schools awarded grant | News
PORTLAND, Maine (NEWS CENTER) - One Tuesday The Nellie Mae Foundation awarded a 3-year, 5-million dollar grant to a partnership of Portland Public Schools and a slew of community based programs.
The grant will help Portland's schools to meet their students' needs-- and allow the students to engage in real-life experience and activities. The programs involved in the grant are: Portland Public Schools, Jobs for Maine's Graduates, Learning Works and the City of Portland's Refugee Services Program.
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Food company grant has been established in Maine to train new dairy farmers.
- Mainers celebrate Social Media Day (#SMDayME)
- Local business filling order for big client
- 1st Statewide Virtual Public School Hosts In-Person Info Session in Freeport for Interested Families
- Student scientists tackling green crab conundrum.
- South Portland to make final tar sands vote
- Volunteers collect more than enough signatures needed to get legalized marijuana on the South Portland ballot in November.
- Crews break gas main in South Portland
- Police looking for car involved in attempted burglary
- "World's Largest Touring Grill" cooking to benefit Old Orchard Beach fire department