Portland schools awarded grant | News
PORTLAND, Maine (NEWS CENTER) - One Tuesday The Nellie Mae Foundation awarded a 3-year, 5-million dollar grant to a partnership of Portland Public Schools and a slew of community based programs.
The grant will help Portland's schools to meet their students' needs-- and allow the students to engage in real-life experience and activities. The programs involved in the grant are: Portland Public Schools, Jobs for Maine's Graduates, Learning Works and the City of Portland's Refugee Services Program.
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waste managers are seeking ways to capitalize on organic waste and keep it out of landfills.
- Freeport Flag Lady recovering from surgery
- Comedian Bob Marley to perform at Falmouth High School
- Crabs & climate change pose threat to Maine shellfish
- Habitat For Humanity chapter celebrates largest project to date
- South Portland police arrest N.Y. man on forgery charges
- Clean Water Bond could correct mistakes by investing in water quality improvements.
- Million Meals Maine feeds starving children
- A car struck a pedestrian in Scarborough
- The closure of a small section of Higgins Beach has ruffled some feathers in Scarborough.