Egyptian activist Wael Nawara | News
EGYPTIAN ACTIVIST WAEL NAWARA
Wael Nawara is an Egyptian activist, writer and co-founder of the Ghad party. Nawara writes and lectures on political and economic reform, transition strategies, the parallet state, national competiveness, cultural development and educational reform. He was among the protesters featured in Time Magazine's December 2011 "Person of the Year: The Protester" issue.
Wael Nawara will be at the University of Southern Maine on Friday, March 9th from 5 to 7 PM at the Glickman Family Library in Portland. A reception will be held at 5 followed by his address at 6.
For more information on the event click here: USM
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waste managers are seeking ways to capitalize on organic waste and keep it out of landfills.
- Freeport Flag Lady recovering from surgery
- Comedian Bob Marley to perform at Falmouth High School
- Crabs & climate change pose threat to Maine shellfish
- Habitat For Humanity chapter celebrates largest project to date