Egyptian activist Wael Nawara | News
EGYPTIAN ACTIVIST WAEL NAWARA
Wael Nawara is an Egyptian activist, writer and co-founder of the Ghad party. Nawara writes and lectures on political and economic reform, transition strategies, the parallet state, national competiveness, cultural development and educational reform. He was among the protesters featured in Time Magazine's December 2011 "Person of the Year: The Protester" issue.
Wael Nawara will be at the University of Southern Maine on Friday, March 9th from 5 to 7 PM at the Glickman Family Library in Portland. A reception will be held at 5 followed by his address at 6.
For more information on the event click here: USM
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- This is Home promo featuring the Yarmouth Clam Festival
- Food company grant has been established in Maine to train new dairy farmers.
- Mainers celebrate Social Media Day (#SMDayME)
- Local business filling order for big client
- 1st Statewide Virtual Public School Hosts In-Person Info Session in Freeport for Interested Families
- Environmentalists celebrate Clear Skies Ordinance
- South Portland passes ordinance to block tar sands
- South Portland to make final tar sands vote
- Volunteers collect more than enough signatures needed to get legalized marijuana on the South Portland ballot in November.
- Crews break gas main in South Portland