Fire damages home on Park Street in Portland | News
PORTLAND, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- An early morning fire blocked off part of Park Street in Portland Monday.
Firefighters were called to 106 Park Street just before 1:30am, where they found flames on the fourth floor of a five floor residence.
They were able to knock it down, but crews say the building suffered moderate damage, and the family will need to find a new residence for the time being.
No one was injured in the blaze. Crews are still investigating what sparked the fire.
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waste managers are seeking ways to capitalize on organic waste and keep it out of landfills.
- Freeport Flag Lady recovering from surgery
- Comedian Bob Marley to perform at Falmouth High School
- Crabs & climate change pose threat to Maine shellfish
- Habitat For Humanity chapter celebrates largest project to date
- South Portland police arrest N.Y. man on forgery charges
- Clean Water Bond could correct mistakes by investing in water quality improvements.
- Million Meals Maine feeds starving children
- A car struck a pedestrian in Scarborough
- The closure of a small section of Higgins Beach has ruffled some feathers in Scarborough.
- Police respond to an underage drinking house party, Westbrook High School investigates.
- Chocolate bunnies ready to hop into Easter baskets
- Public weighs in on Westbrook outdoor concert proposal
- Westbrook hosts forum following student suspension controversy
- Westbrook school board member files claim against city