Konbit Sante & Maine Walks for Haiti | News
MAINE WALKS FOR HAITI
Maine Walks for Haiti's 3rd annual walk and timed 5K run will be held on Saturday, May 12th at Payson Park in Portland. The walk and 5K around Portland's Back Cove trail will help improve health care in northern Haiti. Proceeds from the event benefit Maine's Konbit Sante Cap-Haitien Health Partnership. Registration is $10 for youths and $20 for adults. Registration begins at 8:30 AM. The 5K will start at 9:30 AM. And the walk will start at 10:00 AM.
Konbit Sante staff and volunteers have worked in collaboration with the Haitian Ministry of Health and other partners to build local capacity in all aspects of the health system, from door-to-door community outreach programs, to strengthening community health centers to improving care at the regional referral hospital.
For more information on Maine Walks for Haiti and Konbit Sante click here: MAINE WALKS FOR HAITI
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waste managers are seeking ways to capitalize on organic waste and keep it out of landfills.
- Freeport Flag Lady recovering from surgery
- Comedian Bob Marley to perform at Falmouth High School
- Crabs & climate change pose threat to Maine shellfish
- Habitat For Humanity chapter celebrates largest project to date