Divers search Portland waters for missing man | News
PORTLAND, Maine (AP) - Maine divers are searching an area in Portland Harbor near the area where a Massachusetts man was last seen while spending a night out with friends.
Police say 31-year-old Nathan Bihlmaier of Cambridge, Mass., and two friends were at a bar in the city's Old Port late Saturday when he decided to leave early. His friends later went back to their hotel room but he never showed up. He was reported missing Sunday.
Bihlmaier is due to graduate Thursday from Harvard Business School, and police say his wife is pregnant with their first child.
Police tracked his cellphone calls and found he never left the city. Divers found nothing in their initial search and returned to the harbor waters on Monday.
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waste managers are seeking ways to capitalize on organic waste and keep it out of landfills.
- Freeport Flag Lady recovering from surgery
- Comedian Bob Marley to perform at Falmouth High School
- Crabs & climate change pose threat to Maine shellfish
- Habitat For Humanity chapter celebrates largest project to date