Divers search Portland waters for missing man | News
PORTLAND, Maine (AP) - Maine divers are searching an area in Portland Harbor near the area where a Massachusetts man was last seen while spending a night out with friends.
Police say 31-year-old Nathan Bihlmaier of Cambridge, Mass., and two friends were at a bar in the city's Old Port late Saturday when he decided to leave early. His friends later went back to their hotel room but he never showed up. He was reported missing Sunday.
Bihlmaier is due to graduate Thursday from Harvard Business School, and police say his wife is pregnant with their first child.
Police tracked his cellphone calls and found he never left the city. Divers found nothing in their initial search and returned to the harbor waters on Monday.
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- This is Home promo featuring the Yarmouth Clam Festival
- Food company grant has been established in Maine to train new dairy farmers.
- Mainers celebrate Social Media Day (#SMDayME)
- Local business filling order for big client
- 1st Statewide Virtual Public School Hosts In-Person Info Session in Freeport for Interested Families
- Financial gift to help Maine farmers flourish
- Environmentalists celebrate Clear Skies Ordinance
- South Portland passes ordinance to block tar sands
- South Portland to make final tar sands vote
- Volunteers collect more than enough signatures needed to get legalized marijuana on the South Portland ballot in November.