Pirates invade Lewiston for home opener | News
PORTLAND, Maine (AP) - The Portland Pirates hockey team is playing next season's home opener in Lewiston.
The Pirates announced that the Oct. 19 home opener will be played at the Androscoggin Bank Colisee. Five additional games will be played in Lewiston during the 2012-13 season, on Oct. 27, Nov. 14, Dec. 14, Dec. 29 and Feb. 17.
The remainder of the home games are being played at the Cumberland County Civic Center in Portland.
The Pirates are the American Hockey League affiliate of the NHL's Phoenix Coyotes.
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waste managers are seeking ways to capitalize on organic waste and keep it out of landfills.
- Freeport Flag Lady recovering from surgery
- Comedian Bob Marley to perform at Falmouth High School
- Crabs & climate change pose threat to Maine shellfish
- Habitat For Humanity chapter celebrates largest project to date