Elderly man dies Sunday after fleece pajamas catch fire | News

Title (Max 100 Characters)

Elderly man dies Sunday after fleece pajamas catch fire
News


PORTLAND, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- Police say an elderly man, 80-year-old Myron H. McLaughlin, has died from his injuries after being critically burned Friday night when his clothes caught fire inside his apartment at Franklin Towers.

The State Fire Marshal's office said McLaughlin was being treated at Maine Medical Center for burns to 60 percent of his body, he died at the hospital Sunday.

Portland firefighters responded to the towers around 7:30 p.m. after a smoke alarm went off. Fire Marshal investigators said it appears McLaughlin was smoking while sitting in a living room chair and his fleece pajamas caught fire as a result. There was no damage to the apartment.


News

Portland Deals

Portland Businesses