Portland issues citywide parking ban | News
PORTLAND, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- A citywide parking ban has been declared beginning tonight at 10:00 PM (Friday, February 5) through 6:00 AM Saturday, February 6. Vehicles left on City streets after 10:00 PM can be towed at the owner’s expense.
“With an updated forecast from the National Weather Service of 6-8 inches for Portland, we are calling a citywide parking ban tonight to get the streets clear,” said City Manager Jon Jennings.
PARKING BAN INFORMATION
The city offers numerous free options for parking on the peninsula during a snow ban. All vehicle owners must remove their vehicles from these designated areas listed below by 7:00 AM (except for school lots, which are 6:30 AM) the morning the ban is removed. The city may tow, at the owner's expense, any vehicle which has not been removed by the 7:00 AM deadline:
• Deering Oaks - on the Tennis Court Road only
• State St. gravel lot abutting Deering Oaks
• Fitzpatrick Stadium parking lot
• Hadlock Field parking lot
• All Portland Public School parking lots except the Reiche School lot which abuts the school and playground (*must be out by 6:30 AM*)
• Cutter St. lots (off the Eastern Prom)
• Beach St. lot accessible from Commercial St. after 8 p.m.
• City lot at the corner of Park and Commercial streets across the street from the IMT (International Marine Terminal)
• Parking lot on Munjoy St. at the former Adams School site
• On Peaks Island, snow ban parking is available at the Welch St. parking lot
• Western Prom - Bowdoin to West Street (waterside)
• Eastern Prom - Turner to East End School property light pole 33 (waterside)
• Marginal Way - Plowman to just before the entrance area to the east End Waste Water treatment Plant (waterside)
• Most parking garages, including Maine Medical Center will be available during snow bans at reduced rates
Vehicles must be out of these alternate parking lots by 7:00 AM the morning the ban is lifted.
Many parking garages in the area are open for extended hours at reduced rates during a parking ban as well.