Marginal Way reopens after Portland PD investigates suspicious box | News
PORTLAND, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- Police in Portland have reopened a Marginal Way after checking out a strange device.
Investigators say a box with wires in it was found along the street near the intersection with Plowman Street.
That's near the UHaul on the eastern end of Marginal Way.
Police used a robot to open the box. After looking inside, police determined the box was harmless.
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waste managers are seeking ways to capitalize on organic waste and keep it out of landfills.
- Freeport Flag Lady recovering from surgery
- Comedian Bob Marley to perform at Falmouth High School
- Crabs & climate change pose threat to Maine shellfish
- Habitat For Humanity chapter celebrates largest project to date
- South Portland police arrest N.Y. man on forgery charges
- Clean Water Bond could correct mistakes by investing in water quality improvements.
- Million Meals Maine feeds starving children
- A car struck a pedestrian in Scarborough
- The closure of a small section of Higgins Beach has ruffled some feathers in Scarborough.