Police investigate Portland bank robbery | News
PORTLAND, Maine (NEWS CENTER) - Police in Portland are investigating a bank robbery Tuesday morning.
Police say that shortly after 9:00 AM a long man entered the Bangor Savings Bank at 1048 Brighton Avenue. Police say he threatened the teller, was given an undisclosed amount of cash and fled on foot.
He was last seen heading into the city and may have gotten into a vehicle at the intersection of Brighton Avenue and Rand Road.
No one was injured and no weapon was displayed.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Portland Police at 874-8533.
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waste managers are seeking ways to capitalize on organic waste and keep it out of landfills.
- Freeport Flag Lady recovering from surgery
- Comedian Bob Marley to perform at Falmouth High School
- Crabs & climate change pose threat to Maine shellfish
- Habitat For Humanity chapter celebrates largest project to date