Police investigate Portland bank robbery | News
PORTLAND, Maine (NEWS CENTER) - Police in Portland are investigating a bank robbery Tuesday morning.
Police say that shortly after 9:00 AM a long man entered the Bangor Savings Bank at 1048 Brighton Avenue. Police say he threatened the teller, was given an undisclosed amount of cash and fled on foot.
He was last seen heading into the city and may have gotten into a vehicle at the intersection of Brighton Avenue and Rand Road.
No one was injured and no weapon was displayed.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Portland Police at 874-8533.
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Food company grant has been established in Maine to train new dairy farmers.
- Mainers celebrate Social Media Day (#SMDayME)
- Local business filling order for big client
- 1st Statewide Virtual Public School Hosts In-Person Info Session in Freeport for Interested Families
- Student scientists tackling green crab conundrum.
- South Portland to make final tar sands vote
- Volunteers collect more than enough signatures needed to get legalized marijuana on the South Portland ballot in November.
- Crews break gas main in South Portland
- Police looking for car involved in attempted burglary
- "World's Largest Touring Grill" cooking to benefit Old Orchard Beach fire department