Woodward shares stories from White House beat | News
PORTLAND, Maine (AP) - Investigative journalist Bob Woodward is speaking in Maine about the successes and failures of U.S. presidents from Nixon to Obama.
Woodward is a two-time Pulitzer Prize winner and author who works at The Washington Post. Early in his career, he and fellow Washington Post reporter Carl Bernstein covered the Watergate scandal that brought down the presidency of Richard Nixon.
Woodward is speaking at 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Hannaford Lecture Hall at the University of Southern Maine. Tickets are $20 each, and $10 for students, with seating on a first-come, first-served basis. The speech is sponsored by South Portland-based Wex Inc., formerly Wright Express
On Sunday, he was honored by Colby College in Waterville for his contributions in protecting freedom of the press with the Elijah Parish Lovejoy award.
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waste managers are seeking ways to capitalize on organic waste and keep it out of landfills.
- Freeport Flag Lady recovering from surgery
- Comedian Bob Marley to perform at Falmouth High School
- Crabs & climate change pose threat to Maine shellfish
- Habitat For Humanity chapter celebrates largest project to date