Portland restaurant makes CNN top ten list | News
PORTLAND, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- A Maine restaurant is getting national attention for having some of the best french fries in the nation.
CNN Travel has named Duckfat in its list of the top ten french fries in the country. Chef and owner Robert Evans says the sandwich shop has received national recognition before, but not like this.
"CNN though, that's pretty huge," Evans told NEWS CENTER. "A lot of our mentions are within little food circles, Food Network, or the Cooking Channel, so to be on CNN, we're really proud."
Portland is one of the smallest cities on the top ten list, with the other best fries in the nation in San Francisco, New York, and Pittsburg to name a few. You can read the article here.
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police respond to an underage drinking house party, Westbrook High School investigates.
- Chocolate bunnies ready to hop into Easter baskets
- Public weighs in on Westbrook outdoor concert proposal
- Westbrook hosts forum following student suspension controversy
- Westbrook school board member files claim against city