Portland restaurant makes CNN top ten list | News
PORTLAND, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- A Maine restaurant is getting national attention for having some of the best french fries in the nation.
CNN Travel has named Duckfat in its list of the top ten french fries in the country. Chef and owner Robert Evans says the sandwich shop has received national recognition before, but not like this.
"CNN though, that's pretty huge," Evans told NEWS CENTER. "A lot of our mentions are within little food circles, Food Network, or the Cooking Channel, so to be on CNN, we're really proud."
Portland is one of the smallest cities on the top ten list, with the other best fries in the nation in San Francisco, New York, and Pittsburg to name a few. You can read the article here.
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Food company grant has been established in Maine to train new dairy farmers.
- Mainers celebrate Social Media Day (#SMDayME)
- Local business filling order for big client
- 1st Statewide Virtual Public School Hosts In-Person Info Session in Freeport for Interested Families
- Student scientists tackling green crab conundrum.
- Volunteers collect more than enough signatures needed to get legalized marijuana on the South Portland ballot in November.
- Crews break gas main in South Portland
- Police looking for car involved in attempted burglary
- "World's Largest Touring Grill" cooking to benefit Old Orchard Beach fire department
- South Portland delays vote on crude oil transport