Juggling Fire is a hot show | News
Potland, ME (NEWS CENTER)-- John Geyerhahn believes playing with fire isn't always bad. He is a street performer with the Portland Fire Dancers Collective. His specialty is juggling torches.
Known as "Ziggy," he can entertain crowds with a variety of juggling tricks. The most sensational is juggling flaming torches.
"The fire keeps me warm a little bit," said Geyerhahn, "but what keeps me warmer than the fire is just staying moving like in football or any other sport."
John says the rhythm is the key. He has juggled up to seven balls.
The world record is 20 which has been done by four performers.
Ziggy is often seen on the streets of Portland or at various festivals and shows.
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waste managers are seeking ways to capitalize on organic waste and keep it out of landfills.
- Freeport Flag Lady recovering from surgery
- Comedian Bob Marley to perform at Falmouth High School
- Crabs & climate change pose threat to Maine shellfish
- Habitat For Humanity chapter celebrates largest project to date
- South Portland police arrest N.Y. man on forgery charges
- Clean Water Bond could correct mistakes by investing in water quality improvements.
- Million Meals Maine feeds starving children
- A car struck a pedestrian in Scarborough
- The closure of a small section of Higgins Beach has ruffled some feathers in Scarborough.