Red Claws escape Erie with 113-111 win | News
Erie, PA. (NEWS CENTER) - The Erie BayHawks welcomed the Maine Red Claws to town for a Thursday evening soirée and the Red Claws snuck out of Erie Insurance Arena with a two point victory, 113-111.
Maine (3-2) held a three point advantage following the first frame. Erie (2-2) battled back and took a one point lead into the break, thanks to Keith Benson's 11 second quarter points. The BayHawks kept their one point lead through three quarters before Maine finished with a flurry of points in the final five minutes. The game featured six lead changes and ten ties. Maine led by as many as 11 points while the BayHawks held an eight point advantage in the fourth quarter prior to a 20-5 run by the Red Claws.
Maine was paced by the sharp-shooting Micah Downs, who poured in a game-high 27 points, including five three-pointers. Guard Shelvin Mack added 23 points, connecting on all 14 of his free throws.
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waste managers are seeking ways to capitalize on organic waste and keep it out of landfills.
- Freeport Flag Lady recovering from surgery
- Comedian Bob Marley to perform at Falmouth High School
- Crabs & climate change pose threat to Maine shellfish
- Habitat For Humanity chapter celebrates largest project to date
- South Portland police arrest N.Y. man on forgery charges
- Clean Water Bond could correct mistakes by investing in water quality improvements.
- Million Meals Maine feeds starving children
- A car struck a pedestrian in Scarborough
- The closure of a small section of Higgins Beach has ruffled some feathers in Scarborough.
- Police respond to an underage drinking house party, Westbrook High School investigates.
- Chocolate bunnies ready to hop into Easter baskets
- Public weighs in on Westbrook outdoor concert proposal
- Westbrook hosts forum following student suspension controversy
- Westbrook school board member files claim against city