23rd Annual Portland Bridal Show | News
PORTLAND, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- The 23rd Annual Portland bridal show took place Sunday at Holiday Inn by the Bay.
More than 120 local and national wedding vendors showed up to the two-day show featuring bridal fashions, venues, caterers, and photographers to put together a unique Maine wedding.
The event is put on by the Maine Wedding Association who had a drawing for couples to win one of four grand prizes.
A pair of wedding bands, a Carnival Cruise, an adventure getaway, or two tickets to the winner's choice from Waterfront Concerts.
Real Maine Weddings Magazine partnered with the Maine Wedding Association to give out an even bigger prize while helping couples narrow down the choices.
The Editor for Real Maine Weddings Magazine, Melanie Brooks says, "it's kind of a benefit for going to the show. Real Maine Weddings every year gives away $100,000 wedding, and we just opened up our contest this weekend for the Kennebunkport area. So we'll be giving away $100,000 wedding in Kennebunkport in 2013."
Other Maine Wedding Association Bridal Shows are scheduled for January 12 and 13 in Bangor, January 20 in Augusta, March 3 in Auburn, and March 24 in Freeport.
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waste managers are seeking ways to capitalize on organic waste and keep it out of landfills.
- Freeport Flag Lady recovering from surgery
- Comedian Bob Marley to perform at Falmouth High School
- Crabs & climate change pose threat to Maine shellfish
- Habitat For Humanity chapter celebrates largest project to date
- South Portland police arrest N.Y. man on forgery charges
- Clean Water Bond could correct mistakes by investing in water quality improvements.
- Million Meals Maine feeds starving children
- A car struck a pedestrian in Scarborough
- The closure of a small section of Higgins Beach has ruffled some feathers in Scarborough.
- Police respond to an underage drinking house party, Westbrook High School investigates.
- Chocolate bunnies ready to hop into Easter baskets
- Public weighs in on Westbrook outdoor concert proposal
- Westbrook hosts forum following student suspension controversy
- Westbrook school board member files claim against city