Clock turned into canvas | News
PORTLAND, Maine (NEWS CENTER) - If you've ever taken a stroll through Monument Square you may have noticed an old clock, not far from the time and temperature building.
That clock has been turned into a piece of art to help repair it.
Portland Rotary president Cyrus Hagge has enlisted local artists to decorate the face of the clock to call attention to it.
The goal is to raise enough money, $25,000, by March to fix the 38-year old clock and get it back in working order.
For more information on how to Save the Clock click here.
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- This is Home promo featuring the Yarmouth Clam Festival
- Food company grant has been established in Maine to train new dairy farmers.
- Mainers celebrate Social Media Day (#SMDayME)
- Local business filling order for big client
- 1st Statewide Virtual Public School Hosts In-Person Info Session in Freeport for Interested Families
- Financial gift to help Maine farmers flourish
- Environmentalists celebrate Clear Skies Ordinance
- South Portland passes ordinance to block tar sands
- South Portland to make final tar sands vote
- Volunteers collect more than enough signatures needed to get legalized marijuana on the South Portland ballot in November.