Clock turned into canvas | News
PORTLAND, Maine (NEWS CENTER) - If you've ever taken a stroll through Monument Square you may have noticed an old clock, not far from the time and temperature building.
That clock has been turned into a piece of art to help repair it.
Portland Rotary president Cyrus Hagge has enlisted local artists to decorate the face of the clock to call attention to it.
The goal is to raise enough money, $25,000, by March to fix the 38-year old clock and get it back in working order.
For more information on how to Save the Clock click here.
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waste managers are seeking ways to capitalize on organic waste and keep it out of landfills.
- Freeport Flag Lady recovering from surgery
- Comedian Bob Marley to perform at Falmouth High School
- Crabs & climate change pose threat to Maine shellfish
- Habitat For Humanity chapter celebrates largest project to date