Cameron faces new charge of criminal contempt | News
PORTLAND, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- A former state prosecutor is back in court today facing new charges after being convicted for 13 counts of child pornography.
James Cameron has plead not guilty to a criminal contempt charge that was filed against him last Wednesday. This comes after authorities caught Cameron leaving the state without permission as he was free on bail pending approval. Authorities say Cameron also removed his monitoring bracelet and changed his address without permission.
Cameron will be on trial in federal court in Bangor on February 5.
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- This is Home promo featuring the Yarmouth Clam Festival
- Food company grant has been established in Maine to train new dairy farmers.
- Mainers celebrate Social Media Day (#SMDayME)
- Local business filling order for big client
- 1st Statewide Virtual Public School Hosts In-Person Info Session in Freeport for Interested Families
- Financial gift to help Maine farmers flourish
- Environmentalists celebrate Clear Skies Ordinance
- South Portland passes ordinance to block tar sands
- South Portland to make final tar sands vote
- Volunteers collect more than enough signatures needed to get legalized marijuana on the South Portland ballot in November.