Cameron faces new charge of criminal contempt | News
PORTLAND, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- A former state prosecutor is back in court today facing new charges after being convicted for 13 counts of child pornography.
James Cameron has plead not guilty to a criminal contempt charge that was filed against him last Wednesday. This comes after authorities caught Cameron leaving the state without permission as he was free on bail pending approval. Authorities say Cameron also removed his monitoring bracelet and changed his address without permission.
Cameron will be on trial in federal court in Bangor on February 5.
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waste managers are seeking ways to capitalize on organic waste and keep it out of landfills.
- Freeport Flag Lady recovering from surgery
- Comedian Bob Marley to perform at Falmouth High School
- Crabs & climate change pose threat to Maine shellfish
- Habitat For Humanity chapter celebrates largest project to date
- South Portland police arrest N.Y. man on forgery charges
- Clean Water Bond could correct mistakes by investing in water quality improvements.
- Million Meals Maine feeds starving children
- A car struck a pedestrian in Scarborough
- The closure of a small section of Higgins Beach has ruffled some feathers in Scarborough.