State secretaries plan 2015 conference in Maine | News
AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) - Secretary of State Matt Dunlap says Portland has been chosen as the host site for the 2015 summer meeting of the National Association of Secretaries of State.
It'll be the first time the conference is being held in Maine since 2003, when it brought more than 400 people to the Portland area and generated an estimated $500,000 in economic activity for hotels, restaurants and other Maine businesses.
Portland was chosen for the 2015 meeting during the secretaries association's annual winter meeting last weekend in Washington, D.C.
The conference will be held at the Holiday Inn by the Bay from July 17 to July 20, 2015. The 2013 summer conference will be held in Anchorage, Alaska, and the 2014 summer conference will be held in Baltimore.
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Food company grant has been established in Maine to train new dairy farmers.
- Mainers celebrate Social Media Day (#SMDayME)
- Local business filling order for big client
- 1st Statewide Virtual Public School Hosts In-Person Info Session in Freeport for Interested Families
- Student scientists tackling green crab conundrum.
- South Portland to make final tar sands vote
- Volunteers collect more than enough signatures needed to get legalized marijuana on the South Portland ballot in November.
- Crews break gas main in South Portland
- Police looking for car involved in attempted burglary
- "World's Largest Touring Grill" cooking to benefit Old Orchard Beach fire department