State secretaries plan 2015 conference in Maine | News
AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) - Secretary of State Matt Dunlap says Portland has been chosen as the host site for the 2015 summer meeting of the National Association of Secretaries of State.
It'll be the first time the conference is being held in Maine since 2003, when it brought more than 400 people to the Portland area and generated an estimated $500,000 in economic activity for hotels, restaurants and other Maine businesses.
Portland was chosen for the 2015 meeting during the secretaries association's annual winter meeting last weekend in Washington, D.C.
The conference will be held at the Holiday Inn by the Bay from July 17 to July 20, 2015. The 2013 summer conference will be held in Anchorage, Alaska, and the 2014 summer conference will be held in Baltimore.
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waste managers are seeking ways to capitalize on organic waste and keep it out of landfills.
- Freeport Flag Lady recovering from surgery
- Comedian Bob Marley to perform at Falmouth High School
- Crabs & climate change pose threat to Maine shellfish
- Habitat For Humanity chapter celebrates largest project to date