Woman recovering after Portland propane leak | News
PORTLAND, Maine (NEWS CENTER) - A woman is expected to be OK after being taken to the hospital to be treated for exposure to propane gas.
The EnviroLogix building in Portland was evacuated around 10:00 AM Wednesday after the woman and several other employees began feeling light-headed and nauseous.
Employees reported the smell of mercaptan, which is the odorant in natural gas to the building's maintenance staff. The maintenance staff found a stronger odor outside the building.
They called Maine Gas, who shut down the gas and found a small leak in a propane tank outside the building.
Portland Deputy Fire Chief Scott Thomes says there's no gas leak inside the building.
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police respond to an underage drinking house party, Westbrook High School investigates.
- Chocolate bunnies ready to hop into Easter baskets
- Public weighs in on Westbrook outdoor concert proposal
- Westbrook hosts forum following student suspension controversy
- Westbrook school board member files claim against city