Portland city officials urge people to stay put | News
PORTLAND, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- Blizzard 2013 has dumped record-breaking snow across the state.
City officials in Portland say they've weathered the storm with no major incidents. They say Police, Fire and Public Works came together for a coordinated effort to combat this historic storm and to keep people safe. NEWS CENTER'S Chris Rose explains.
The astronomical high tide early Saturday created problems, with some flooding on the Portland waterfront. The water reached very high levels just before noon. It caused some minor flooding on the Portland Pier. NEWS CENTER'S Sarah Delage has the latest conditions in Portland.
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waste managers are seeking ways to capitalize on organic waste and keep it out of landfills.
- Freeport Flag Lady recovering from surgery
- Comedian Bob Marley to perform at Falmouth High School
- Crabs & climate change pose threat to Maine shellfish
- Habitat For Humanity chapter celebrates largest project to date