Portland city officials urge people to stay put | News
PORTLAND, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- Blizzard 2013 has dumped record-breaking snow across the state.
City officials in Portland say they've weathered the storm with no major incidents. They say Police, Fire and Public Works came together for a coordinated effort to combat this historic storm and to keep people safe. NEWS CENTER'S Chris Rose explains.
The astronomical high tide early Saturday created problems, with some flooding on the Portland waterfront. The water reached very high levels just before noon. It caused some minor flooding on the Portland Pier. NEWS CENTER'S Sarah Delage has the latest conditions in Portland.
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police respond to an underage drinking house party, Westbrook High School investigates.
- Chocolate bunnies ready to hop into Easter baskets
- Public weighs in on Westbrook outdoor concert proposal
- Westbrook hosts forum following student suspension controversy
- Westbrook school board member files claim against city