Valentine bandit spreads love in Portland | News
PORTLAND, Maine (NEWS CENTER) - The Valentine Bandit has been "heart-attacking" storefronts in downtown Portland for nearly four decades. The Bandit, or Phantom, has never revealed "its" identity. NEWS CENTER's Kait Walsh patrolled the streets of Portland early Valentine's Day morning and caught up with the Bandit to see the path "it" takes around the city, while keeping the anonymity, and thus the tradition, preserved.
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waste managers are seeking ways to capitalize on organic waste and keep it out of landfills.
- Freeport Flag Lady recovering from surgery
- Comedian Bob Marley to perform at Falmouth High School
- Crabs & climate change pose threat to Maine shellfish
- Habitat For Humanity chapter celebrates largest project to date
- South Portland police arrest N.Y. man on forgery charges
- Clean Water Bond could correct mistakes by investing in water quality improvements.
- Million Meals Maine feeds starving children
- A car struck a pedestrian in Scarborough
- The closure of a small section of Higgins Beach has ruffled some feathers in Scarborough.
- Police respond to an underage drinking house party, Westbrook High School investigates.
- Chocolate bunnies ready to hop into Easter baskets
- Public weighs in on Westbrook outdoor concert proposal
- Westbrook hosts forum following student suspension controversy
- Westbrook school board member files claim against city