Body found in Portland | News
PORTLAND, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- Police are investigating a death near the railroad tracks behind St. John Street in Portland.
Two passers by were in the area of 508 St. John Street around 1:45 AM when they stumbled across the body. They flagged down police and police secured the scene.
The Medical Examiner's office and criminal investigation unit are investigating. Police say the body looked like it had been there for several weeks. And they say there is no known transient camp in the area.
Police haven't revealed the dead person's name, age, gender or whether the death is considered suspicious.
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waste managers are seeking ways to capitalize on organic waste and keep it out of landfills.
- Freeport Flag Lady recovering from surgery
- Comedian Bob Marley to perform at Falmouth High School
- Crabs & climate change pose threat to Maine shellfish
- Habitat For Humanity chapter celebrates largest project to date