Portland woman faces drug charges | News
PORTLAND, Maine (AP) -- Maine police have seized nearly 1,000 prescription painkillers from a Portland woman they say was trying to sell them on the streets.
Police say 23-year-old Brianna Roberts was ordered held on $20,000 property or $5,000 cash bail after her initial court appearance on Monday on a charge of trafficking Oxycodone.
Maine drug agents and Portland Police arrested Roberts on Friday following complaints of suspected drug activity. A search of a home turned up 998 Oxycodone pills hidden on her body as well as 19 grams of suspected cocaine in a bedroom packaged for resale with an estimated street value of $1,900.
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waste managers are seeking ways to capitalize on organic waste and keep it out of landfills.
- Freeport Flag Lady recovering from surgery
- Comedian Bob Marley to perform at Falmouth High School
- Crabs & climate change pose threat to Maine shellfish
- Habitat For Humanity chapter celebrates largest project to date