Portland woman faces drug charges | News
PORTLAND, Maine (AP) -- Maine police have seized nearly 1,000 prescription painkillers from a Portland woman they say was trying to sell them on the streets.
Police say 23-year-old Brianna Roberts was ordered held on $20,000 property or $5,000 cash bail after her initial court appearance on Monday on a charge of trafficking Oxycodone.
Maine drug agents and Portland Police arrested Roberts on Friday following complaints of suspected drug activity. A search of a home turned up 998 Oxycodone pills hidden on her body as well as 19 grams of suspected cocaine in a bedroom packaged for resale with an estimated street value of $1,900.
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- This is Home promo featuring the Yarmouth Clam Festival
- Food company grant has been established in Maine to train new dairy farmers.
- Mainers celebrate Social Media Day (#SMDayME)
- Local business filling order for big client
- 1st Statewide Virtual Public School Hosts In-Person Info Session in Freeport for Interested Families
- Environmentalists celebrate Clear Skies Ordinance
- South Portland passes ordinance to block tar sands
- South Portland to make final tar sands vote
- Volunteers collect more than enough signatures needed to get legalized marijuana on the South Portland ballot in November.
- Crews break gas main in South Portland