Man shot, killed on Congress Street in Portland | News
PORTLAND, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- Portland Police are investigating the city's first homicide of the year.
It happened around 4:30 a.m. on Monday. Police say witnesses heard gunshots, then saw a man run from 4 Massachusetts Avenue, across Congress Street, where he died in front of the Mobil gas station.
Police have now released the victim's name, confirming what family memebrs told NEWS CENTER -- that Allen Maclean, 41, was the man who died.
Police say Mclean died of a single gunshot wound. They say they recovered a weapon near the scene, and it may be the gun that was used to shoot Mclean. They say they also collected other eveidence.
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waste managers are seeking ways to capitalize on organic waste and keep it out of landfills.
- Freeport Flag Lady recovering from surgery
- Comedian Bob Marley to perform at Falmouth High School
- Crabs & climate change pose threat to Maine shellfish
- Habitat For Humanity chapter celebrates largest project to date
- South Portland police arrest N.Y. man on forgery charges
- Clean Water Bond could correct mistakes by investing in water quality improvements.
- Million Meals Maine feeds starving children
- A car struck a pedestrian in Scarborough
- The closure of a small section of Higgins Beach has ruffled some feathers in Scarborough.
- Police respond to an underage drinking house party, Westbrook High School investigates.
- Chocolate bunnies ready to hop into Easter baskets
- Public weighs in on Westbrook outdoor concert proposal
- Westbrook hosts forum following student suspension controversy
- Westbrook school board member files claim against city