Man shot, killed on Congress Street in Portland | News
PORTLAND, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- Portland Police are investigating the city's first homicide of the year.
It happened around 4:30 a.m. on Monday. Police say witnesses heard gunshots, then saw a man run from 4 Massachusetts Avenue, across Congress Street, where he died in front of the Mobil gas station.
Police have now released the victim's name, confirming what family memebrs told NEWS CENTER -- that Allen Maclean, 41, was the man who died.
Police say Mclean died of a single gunshot wound. They say they recovered a weapon near the scene, and it may be the gun that was used to shoot Mclean. They say they also collected other eveidence.
Upcoming Events near Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- This is Home promo featuring the Yarmouth Clam Festival
- Food company grant has been established in Maine to train new dairy farmers.
- Mainers celebrate Social Media Day (#SMDayME)
- Local business filling order for big client
- 1st Statewide Virtual Public School Hosts In-Person Info Session in Freeport for Interested Families
- Environmentalists celebrate Clear Skies Ordinance
- South Portland passes ordinance to block tar sands
- South Portland to make final tar sands vote
- Volunteers collect more than enough signatures needed to get legalized marijuana on the South Portland ballot in November.
- Crews break gas main in South Portland