Waterfront restaurant catches fire in Portland | News

Title (Max 100 Characters)

Waterfront restaurant catches fire in Portland
News

PORTLAND, Maine (NEWS CENTER) - An early morning fire broke out at a restaurant on the Portland waterfront.

PHOTOS: Fire at Boone's Fish House & Oyster Room

It started around 4:30 a.m. on Wednesday at Boone's Fish House and Oyster Room on Custom House Wharf.

Deputy Fire Chief David Jackson says it appears to have originated in a fireplace chimney that was added to the restaurant when it was renovated this past summer.

When crews arrived they said there was a considerable amount of smoke in the building.  But they put the fire out quickly and no one was hurt.

Related Photos

News

Portland Deals

Portland Businesses